From: Haase, Justin C. <Justin.Haase@Kingland.com>
> 1.  Since the tool appears to work, will IBM release a PTF which will
> disable it?
Ed Fishel say IBM would. Whether or not it is legal to change a product
solely to prevent a specific competitor I don't know. Microsoft used
to have a saying (urban legend probably): DOS isn't done until Lotus
won't run.  :-)

> 2.  What does it *actually* do?  Any nasty under-the-covers stuff, or is it
> really simple, anyone with half a brain could do it sort of things?
FAST400 only changes a bit in task descriptions for YOUR jobs.
Falls into the 'half a brains" category. No IBM objects are changed.

> 3.  What will IBM say if you have a problem and they find you have TTools
> installed?
Changing the bit is safe and does not in any way interfere with the
reliability of the system

> 4.  Is there a legal aspect to this that IBM could use against customers?
Don't know

> I firmly believe that IBM hardware/software is good.  Any workaround on
that
> generally decreases your reliability and availability, in my mind.
FAST400 does not decrease reliability and actually increases availability :-)