Carl,

  Just a few tips from one who's done several of these. DLSw works great
once configured. The controller still appears as a *LAN device on the
400 - that's part of the 'magic' in DLSw. Now if you have IBM routers
the link will come up clean and the 5494 will be configured mostly
automatically. If you have Cisco it may or may not, they have some
mystery bug in IOS. If it doesn't you will want to understand the
process of 'bit flipping' MAC addresses from MSB to LSB format, *OR* you
will want to use an address that is the same when represented either
way. Since this MAC address is 'made up' in the router give it something
like 4200 0000 0066. THen use the same address on the 400's APPC
controller.

  Hope this helps!

  Any questions? Just ask!

 - Larry