On Monday 05 November 2001 10:20 pm, Mike Naughton wrote:
> I've just run into something that I can't figure out (no big surprise
> ;-)
>
> I've been using interactive SQL for several months, and I'm used to
> always exiting with option "1" (save session) and then getting my
> command history when I go back in. This afternoon, all of a sudden I
> stopped getting the command history, and F9 just produces an error
> message. Once I execute some commands, F9 brings them back, but once
> I've exited they're gone. I tried getting out and going right back in,
> and they are definitely gone.
>
> Any ideas what is going on here?
>
> TIA!
>
> Mike Naughton

Hi Mike

I've seen something similar which is to do with the way SQL sessions are
saved. They are tied to the user profile and the job name (ie screen id
for the interactive session). Use a different display to get your session
(or use an emulator that doesn't set a fixed name) and you lose your
session until you log on with the right display/user combination.

The other twist is logging in twice with the same settings. This caused
me to lose my carefully crafted session history when I did it :-( so now
I make sure to use a different display name if I need more than one
STRSQL at a time. ISTR it's all to do with the type of object the history
is stored in - it may have been a News/400 article from four/five years
ago that cleared up the problem for me.

Regards, Martin
--
martin@dbg400.net  jamaro@firstlinux.net  http://www.dbg400.net        /"\
DBG/400 - DataBase Generation utilities - AS/400 / iSeries Open        \ /