Tim,

Thanks for changing the subject line.

On your system, first get to the 1.3 JDK and make sure you have the
latest Java group PTF. You don't have to do this but it cuts down on
the number of errors you might encounter. Here is IBM's link:

http://www-1.ibm.com/servers/eserver/iseries/ebusiness/java/java2.htm

In the meantime, set up Tomcat on your PC. It is pretty easy to set up.
I would go with Tomcat 4.0. First, download Tomcat from jakarta.apache.org.
Follow the installation instructions, which basically say get a recent JDK from
www.javasoft.com and set a CATALINA_HOME and JAVA_HOME
environment variable.

Once you have it running in that environment, copy it to a net server shared
drive. You can also use FTP, but drag and drop is easier. When you get
this done, send an email to me and I will forward a shell script that sets
up your classpath and starts Tomcat. In the future, I would like to get this
script included in the Tomcat distribution.

When Tomcat is running, try opening the default page at http://yourserver:8080/.
I probably left out a step, but that should get you started.

David Morris

>>> thatzenbeler@clinitech.net 11/05/01 03:15PM >>>
I was wondering, what would I need to do, to setup a tomcat test on my
testbox?

Right now, I'm using the standard ibm http server... And were @ release r4m5

This topic might be better in web400 or java... but I would like to get my
feet wet doing some servlets...  Because I don't understand any of it....
yet!

thanks, tim