Chuck,

I would check your mode descriptions (WRKMODD) against the V4R1
defaults.  They may have changed and no longer match the corresponding
entries on your remote devices.  Because you are using IBM-supplied
modes, they may have changed during your upgrade.  Or the default mode
for a particular function may have changed.

Andy Nolen-Parkhouse