From:   midrange-l-admin@midrange.com [mailto:midrange-l-admin@midrange.com]
On Behalf Of Jim Franz
Sent:   Saturday, November 03, 2001 10:30 AM
To:     midrange-l@midrange.com
Subject:        Re: % system ASP used . . . : 99.6266

If your cleanup options are currently turned off, or if the cleanup job is
not started in your QSTRUP job at ipl, the disk util will grow at a
"somewhat" predictable rate.
The cleanup options are accessed by qsecofr on GO CLEANUP menu. Other
profiles can "see" the options, but even an *allobj profile cannot set the
options in menu option 1.
this is the cleanup options at v4r5:

 Allow automatic cleanup . . . . . . . . . . . . .   Y             Y=Yes,
N=No
 Time cleanup starts each day  . . . . . . . . . .   22:00:00      00:00:00-
                                                                   23:59:59,

*SCDPWROFF,
                                                                   *NONE
 Number of days to keep:
   User messages . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .   4             1-366,
*KEEP
   System and workstation messages . . . . . . . .   4             1-366,
*KEEP
   Job logs and other system output  . . . . . . .   4             1-366,
*KEEP
   System journals and system logs . . . . . . . .   7             1-366,
*KEEP
   OfficeVision for AS/400 calendar items  . . . .   5             1-366,
*KEEP

In the QSTRUP job the cmd  QSYS/STRCLNUP   must run. this runs the following
job (seen from wrkactjob)
 QSYSSCD      QPGMR       BCH      .0  PGM-QEZSCNEP     EVTW  (on my system
in QCTL).

if running the http server - the logs for this (wwwaccess & wwwerror) are
never cleaned (that I know) can take lots of space.
The files a member for each day so file wwwaccess mbr q1011031 is "q1" &
01/10/31. I had months of this before
i realized how the space was used.

Best way I know to find whats eating space is the RTVDSKINF & PRTDSKINF cmds
RTVDSKINF (rtv disk info) creates a file of all objects in system w/size,
last used/owner, etc-this runs long time, I schedule every Sunday at 11pm.
Each time you run replaces file.
PRTDSKINF (print disk info) reads that file and prints a report.
PRTDSKINF RPTTYPE(*OBJ) OBJ(*ALL) MINSIZE(50000)  all objects in system over
50meg - nice report!

hth
jim franz