You can send an *ESCAPE message to a program before the root program of
your application.
Another option (somebody already mentioned it) - you can set up a request
level at the root program of your application and ENDRQS - it will end
everything below request processor.
You can also use ENDRQS RQSLVL(1) to cancel everything upto QCMD which is
usually (but not necessarily!) is the root program of the job (you may use
DSPJOB OPTION(*PGMSTK) to see what request levels are set up in your job).

    Alexei Pytel
- speaking only for myself

                    "Leif Svalgaard"
                    <leif@leif.org>           To:     <midrange-l@midrange.com>
                    Sent by:                  cc:
                    midrange-l-admin@mi       Subject:     Re: CEE4ABN
                    drange.com

                    11/01/2001 05:20 AM
                    Please respond to
                    midrange-l

From: <thomas@inorbit.com>
> COBOL's STOP RUN has enough quirks that I suspect you don't quite want
exactly that, but how different is what you want from a simple ENDRQS given
the proper setup?

program A calls program B calls program C calls ...

Anyone of the programs might discover a fatal error
and decide to quit altogether. One way is to return
with a return-code that says 'fatal error'; the caller
checks that and returns with 'fatal error', etc all the
way up to A that returns and the job ends (if in batch).

All this checking is cumbersome, so I'm looking for
a shortcut that ends the job immediately, like CEE4ABN.