From: <thomas@inorbit.com>
To: <midrange-l@midrange.com>
Sent: Wednesday, October 31, 2001 8:16 PM
Subject: Re: CPI0999

Steven:

On Wed, 31 October 2001, steven.donnellan@simonjersey.com wrote:

> Is there any way of getting rid of CPI0999 Storage directory threshold
> reached WITHOUT resorting to an IPL?  Is it safe to ignore this command
> after clearing down documents and folders?  Our system is at 85% full.

AFAIK, the message will reappear every hour until the next IPL no matter
what you do. And I'm not sure that deleting documents and folders will help
that much either (though it might).

I believe this has something to do with work management in a running system
maybe more than how many objects you have, and that may be why an IPL resets
it.

So far, it seems that others have managed to essentially ignore it for a
while when it hits. I saw it once a number of years ago and sufferred no ill
effects. But it also obviously indicates that you at least came close to
trouble at some point. Whether the cause has been eliminated simply because
some jobs have ended, I imagine only IBM would know.

There's an APAR that goes back to V2R3 that mentions this, but very little
else. Not much public info at all.

Tom Liotta