> When does IBM define what is interactive or batch?

Someone posted a link to a knowledge base document which defines it:

"5250-based interactive work (hereafter called interactive) is defined as
any job doing 5250 display device I/O. This includes:

o All 5250 sessions
o Any green screen interface
o Telnet or 5250 DSPT workstations
o 5250/HTML workstation gateway
o PCs using 5250 emulation
o Interactive program debugging
o PC Support/400 work station function
o RUMBA/400
o Screen scrapers
o Interactive subsystems
o Twinax printer jobs
o BSC 3270 emulation
o 5250 emulation

In general, the Type column of the Work with Active Jobs (WRKACTJOB) command
will tell you which jobs are considered interactive (type = INT). These are
all jobs that were initiated by signing on at a 5250 display device. "

Here's the link:

http://www-912.ibm.com/s_dir/slkbase.nsf/1ac66549a21402188625680b0002037e/a1
5fc571478b82018625676900555dc1?OpenDocument&ExpandSection=1#_Section1

Phil