Actually, you DO have 11 x 4.19GB. There's no such thing as a 3.14GB drive
for the 400.
It's just that the RAID-5 set has the parity information spread over 8
drives (it's always over either 4 or 8 drives).
Actually, you have TWO RAID-5 sets, with the parity spread over 4 drives
in each set, hence you report the capacity of those drives as 4.19 -
(4.19/4) = 3.14GB.  If you had teh 8 drives in one RAID-5 set, each would
report as 4.19 - (4.19/8) = 3.66GB.

Neil Palmer      DPS Data Processing Services Canada Ltd.
50 Acadia Avenue, Ste.102                   OS/400~~~~~
Markham, Ontario, Canada.   ____________          ___  ~
Phone:(905) 474-4890 x303   |OOOOOOOOOO| ________  o|__||=
Fax:  (905) 474-4898         oo      oo   oo  oo   OOOo=o\
mailto:NeilP@DPSlink.com  ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
http://www.DPSlink.com     IBM iSeries  The Ultimate Business Server

Mark Allen <allenmark@nu-z.net>
Sent by: midrange-l-admin@midrange.com