Ok, I'm home and can spend a bit more time on this subject.

I'd like to make it clear that MIDRANGE.COM is *NOT* strapped for cash.

I did have a hard drive failure, and the system is mostly recovered.  I was
able to recover from a tape backup (tape drive provided by Simon
Coulter).  We may have lost a day or so of data, but I don't think it will
be critical.

The system is currently running on a spare 20gb hard drive I had handy ...
the drive will soon be joined by a twin to be mirrored with.  For now I
will probably use software mirroring... although I would like to invest in
hardware mirroring in the near future.

I do appreciate the contributions, and will put them to good use.

As far as JT's offer to match contributions ... that's a lot of money, and
I'd rather pass on it for now.  Not counting those contributions that were
mailed, more than $750 was contributed today.  That's enough to keep us in
mirrored drives and DSL for quite some time.

I will say, however, that a bunch of you should REALLY consider
volunteering for your local PBS or NPR stations ... boy, you can get them
riled up :)

Again, thanks for the contributions.

david