the fol query works on any database but when i ran it on my production
machine on a table with 50000 rows, the DB unti was 99 % and CPU was 88 %
So plz dont try it  on large tables..

 select id_product, mass  from v_pprdslab t1
 where 5 > (select  count(id_product)  from
                            v_pprdslab t2
             where t1.id_product < t2.id_product)
              order by mass desc

i think i will have to wait till we get v5r1 and can use fetch clause..
till then have to use a program only..
okay
santosh.

e- mail at :  santoshp@lot.tatasteel.com