> That's kind of bogus.  What if there was something you wanted to share
> with the group?  Wouldn't .ZIP be a "safe" form of transportation?

It's not a matter of safety ... it's size and format.

1. Many mail systems do not allow any form of attachment to come
through their gateway.  Often the reject the message directly to
me.  Sometimes the reject message goes to the original sender.

2. Attachments add bulk to email messages ... not everyone is
interested in the attachment, but have to pay for the traffic
regardless.

3. Attachments screw up the digest form of the mailing list.

I am actively pursuing a mechanism to allow file sharing on my
web sites.   Until I find/create and implement the file sharing
system, you can send the attachments to me and I will post them
on one of my sites and make it available for download.

I will not be enabling any file attachments via the mailing lists.

Let's terminate this thread here ... if you wish to pursue the
topic, contact me privately.

david
midrange-l owner / operator / despot