Paul:

On Wed, 10 October 2001, "Paul Tykodi" wrote:

> I've noticed a drop in participation in comp.sys.ibm.as400.misc.  Do you
> happen to know what is prompting this?  I only monitor that one, as I only
> can justify spending so much time each day to one bb.

If you wish, you can pass some thoughts on to Rodney about CSIAM from my
viewpoint. I've drastically reduced participation for a few reasons. First,
because it was beginning to trend towards a secondary alt.jobs.as400 newsgroup
and nothing could be done about it -- complaints to 'jobs' posters, their ISPs,
their uplines, would go apparently nowhere. Next were the drastic changes
resulting from the sale of the deja.com database; that was a blow to all
newsgroups even if it was theoretically unrelated and replacement facilities
were eventually created, more or less. Finally, almost everyone of interest is
also here anyway. Of the remaining posters, too many were simply unwilling even
to search for answers that had been given a hundred times, sometimes even
directly stating "and please don't tell me to look it up" or similar. With all
the indexing available, who wants to reply to "Why does this CALL with parms
work in a CL program but not in SBMJOB?" over and over and over again?

As much as I'd like to support and promote CSIAM, it looks like I'll be fairly
dedicated to Midrange-L for some time to come. There's too much good stuff in
here in comparison and there doesn't seem to be anything lost.

Tom Liotta

--
Tom Liotta
The PowerTech Group, Inc.