From: Nathan M. Andelin <nandelin@relational-data.com>
> "If many ILE RPG programs are activated (that is called at least once)
> system storage may be exhausted. Therefore, you should avoid having
> ILE programs that use large amounts of static storage run in the OPM
> default activation group, since the storage will not be reclaimed until the
> job ends."
>
> No, I was just drawing a parallel between how CGI programs are called from
> an HTTP Server Job, and how 5250 programs are called from the command line.
> When the CGI program runs in a named activation group, the resources it
> allocates are scoped to the HTTP Server Job that called it.  They are not
> reclaimed when the program ends.  So the activation of a lot of CGI
programs
> will exhaust RAM (CGI programs generally use a lot of memory, and other
> resources).

I think we are confusing two kinds of storage here: virtual storage (which is
what is involved in the statements above, and real storage (which is what you
mean in the statement below).

Since GCI programs tend to be re-used the danger of "exhausting RAM"
is perhaps less. Why can't you just DEACTIVATE the GCI job when it is
done? Warning: I don't know your programs so I don't really know what
I'm talking about. Somebody else might give better advice. In any case,
"I'm not responsible for advice not taken".