2 words "It depends".  In your example, how are you getting the records in
the RPG program using Setll and read, or using an SQL lookup as the Net.Data
macro is doing?  Are you using the API's with the 'z'?
www.palmbeachjewelry.com starts with 2 CGI programs that build the frames,
then one program builds the dynamic content on the top, side and the content
area.  I had load tested this portion of our site to between 200 and 500
visitors a second using an internet based load testing service.  No problems
there.  Net.Data is doing everything using SQL for inserts & updates,
something that SQL doesn't like performing.  RPG however does that sort of
work just fine.

IBM's matrix (and I agree with them from observations) is Raw CGI wins,
second place is Java, third place is Net.Data in terms of performance on the
iSeries.

>> Net.Data is a VERY robust web programming language,
>> it's just not the fastest kid on the block.  Raw CGI programs
>> (see www.easy400.ibm.it) are really slick...

>I agree that Net.Data is not the fastest kid on the block.  But I think it
>performs better than Easy400 CGI.  I built three (3) versions of a small
>application.  One with Net.Data.  Another with Easy400 CGI.  And another
>with my product, Relational-Web.  Each version receives the same input, and
>generates the same output.  The Net.Data version outperforms the Easy400
CGI