So I went to IBM's website and found the info about DB2/Everywhere, and man
it looks great!  It comes with three parts...

DB2 Everyplace database.  This is a small relational database for your Palm
that supports SQL, ODBC, JDBC, amd CLI.  Also runs on Linux, Windows CE, and
some others.

DB2 Everyplace Sync Server.  This is the part you need to synchronize your
data from Palm to Database and vice versa including conflict resolution.
Fully functional and works with DB2/390, DB2/400, DB2/Unix, Oracle,
SQLServer, and a bunch of others.  Just what I need!

DB2 Everyplace Mobile Application Builder.  A visual based rapid application
development tool for the Palm OS.  A perfect tie in with the database.

COST
The Application Builder is FREE.  That's right, completely FREE.

DB2 Everyplace Database is only $52 ($47 per additional license).
Unbelievably low price but essentially worthless without the sync
capabilities.  For that you have to buy the "Enterprise Edition"...

DB2 Everyplace Enterprise Edition. $10,000 per seat.  T E N - T H O U S A N
D.  You gotta hand it to IBM, once again they've proven they don't
understand small business OR their competitors.  I can buy PumaTech's entire
development package for less than a grand: conduit builder, DataBase Server,
and all.  CASLide is less than $300 and includes PC/ODBC database conduit
connectivity!  Not to mention that if I care to delve into the C Language I
can write my own stuff from scratch with CodeWarrior for only $369.  So why
on Earth would I pay $10,000 for IBM's???

Sorry... rant over...

Joel R. Cochran
Director of Internet Services
VamaNet.com