>> We had a few of those hours.  The 3000 visitors isn't sessions - it's
visitors.  The per second rate for hits is climbing from 70 CGI hits, to 200 CGI
hits during some peek times per second.  We were getting 3 million hits a day,
without a single graphic being served by our systems since we used Akamai for
graphics serving.  That 830 sounds like a neat solution, until you see what it
takes for an average PC to do the same thing.

Sounds like you're determined to believe the racks and racks of PCs are a better
deal; your definition of visitors matches my definition of sessions! Did I
forget to mention that the 830 replaced 5 high end Sun servers?  Or that to
support the level of traffic the site is recieving now, they would have had to
add 15 more Sun servers?  In our client's case, the iSeries is definitely
providing the lowest cost of ownership he can obtain. But I don't think this
level of argument is going to convince you...

Janet Krueger
Andrews Consulting Group