I am replying here where you posted it, but if this thread is to continue
very long, it ought to move on over to NON TECH

You Might want to visit TYR archives
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/TYR

Check out message numbers 3258 3261 3293 3314 3341

and there are also some posts there in reply to these.

This is a series of posts made by me explaining why I believe that Privacy on
the Internet is more illusion than reality, and that many people seem to
think that a lot of their personal stuff is private, when if it touches the
internet it is probably not, and it might not be touching the interent by
your actions.

The technical level of my explanations is aimed at the ordinary user of
computers & computer products & services connected to the internet.

Here are the problems as I see them (in the above message #s).
I liberally use down to earth examples that I hope any non-technical person
can comprehend.
Here are things you can do to protect yourself against some of them (I do not
have all the answers)..
I do plan more in this series, but it will probably be several days before I
do the next one.