Dave,

> My understanding of Leif's argument is that it is possible to disable the
> code that detects that the tag is off. I have no idea whether he's right
or
> wrong.

He's right. If you locate the SLIC module that performs this (again, as
others have stated, it's all documented in Leif's book [www.iseries400.org])
make the change, the processor & disks go active for a few minutes and then
the system runs 'unprotected...'

--phil

[ Deleted uuencoded file 'winmail.dat' ]