Joe,
Without spending a great deal of time-this info is backed up in print -two
sources
on Microsofts site.and is common knowlege too people "who know".
Mike Otey once a big name in the AS/400 would agree with me too.
Why not try this idea out and see for your self.
You can buy the software out for a token cost of around $249 US for the
entire range of
Micosoft Server products--this is the full retail versions too-not cripled
in anyway-but
you are limited to internal use or development for clients only.
http://www.microsoft.com/partner/businessdevelopment/salesresources/actionpa
ck/actionpack_plus.asp

Microsoft Action Pack Subscription-Plus
The Microsoft Action Pack Subscription-Plus is designed for Partners that
not only need the essential, up-to-date sales, marketing, and campaign tools
and resources to get them on track quickly for new Microsoft products,
solutions, and marketing campaigns, but also want to receive core Microsoft
products such as Microsoft® Windows® 2000 Advanced Server, Microsoft SQL
ServerT, 2000, Microsoft Small Business Server 2000, Microsoft Exchange
Server 2000, Microsoft Office XP, Microsoft Visio® 2002, and much more!

Not-for-Distribution Software-A Retail Value of More than US$10,000

You'll be amazed at the collection of software we've put together for this
subscription. The retail value of the software alone is more than US$10,000.
With your Action Pack Subscription, you will be licensed to use this
software for testing, evaluation, demonstration, and educational purposes.
For a complete description please read the subscription license agreement.

When you initially subscribe to the Microsoft Action Pack Subscription, you
will receive a Welcome Kit that provides you with the not-for-distribution
software listed below.

Product Title Number Of Licenses Number of Client Access Licenses
 Microsoft Windows 2000 Advanced Server 1 10
 Microsoft Exchange 2000 Enterprise Server 1 10
 Microsoft SQL Server 2000 1 10
 Microsoft Small Business Server 2000 1 10
 Microsoft Windows 2000 Professional 10 Not Applicable
 Microsoft Office XP Professional with FrontPage 11 Not Applicable
 Microsoft Visio 2002 5 Not Applicable
 Microsoft Project 2000 10 Not Applicable

Then, as new releases of selected software become available, they will be
included as part of the quarterly update to your subscription.

This is all the software you'll need to get your business on track for
designing and offering Microsoft solutions and services to your customer
base.

Note: Microsoft Windows XP will ship in our October update kit-so order your
subscription now!