I don't want to start this war, but whether you want your company to monitor
your mail or not really isn't relevant. E-Mail is a corporate property and
if you want private e-mail go use hotmail, yahoo or the like.

As for *nix making virii a non-issue, surely you jest. You don't think MS
software is the only software subject to viruses, do you? As for current
*nix mail environments I'll agree that most use SMTP and local stores.
However, most *nix environments don't have the population that we're talking
about. *nix users tend to be extremely computer savvy. Can you imagine
taking the average user and giving him the control over their environment
that *nix users have? Oh my! These aren't issues in the non-ms world because
of population. It's somewhat like saying, gee North Dakota's school system
works great, let's apply it to New York City, I think we have more students
than they have total population.

-Walden

PS. The famous owl was very wise, and I'm careful not to pollute, but that
doesn't cost me anything. I'm simply not convinced that the non-ms solutions
are currently as capable as the ms ones (oh my I can image the flame war I
just stared.) Am I willing to use paper not plastic to not pollute, yes. Am
I willing to provide my customer a lesser experience at a greater price
because I don't like ms, hell no.

PPS. I'm taking a break from writing a Cool:2E application on my AS/400 for
web-enablement to write this e-mail so don't think I dislike the AS/400, I
love it.