I have been in a number of tagteam matches with HPT and it generally
wins. I suspect that if you omit the cpicor options, the default falls
either to the printer or system values, but only god knows which. When
you start piling emulation on top of emulation, the results can get
rather funky.

I would try ONE thing at a time. First, try to determine
what the default font is on the printer when it is turned on. Try to
change it by changing printer setting. If you get no joy there, try
to insert the cpicor and see where that takes you.. Don't forget to set
the printer back to defaults after that test.... Getting two problems
at the same time will drive you and the printer crazy.

Just keep repeating "I'm smarter than that printer"