Hi Everyone,

I have a customer who is trying to use a Kyocera laser jet in HP emulation
mode to print an overlay along with *SCS data from the AS/400.  He has a PC
program that loads the overlay, and wants to simply have the AS/400 turn on
overlays.  So we retrieved the source for the *HP6 workstation customization
object:

 RTVWSCST DEVTYPE(*TRANSFORM) MFRTYPMDL(*HP6) SRCMBR(ERPRT)
  SRCFILE(HS#LIBR/HSSSRC) TEXT('ER printer HP6 custom for Kyocera printer')

and modified it with SEU to look like this (note that we trimmed out a bunch
of stuff):

:WSCST DEVCLASS=TRANSFORM.

    :TRNSFRMTBL.
    :PRTDTASTRM
      DATASTREAM=HPPCL5.
    :INITPRT
      DATA ='1B267330431B59'X         /* esc E RESET printer */
            '1B266631793458'X         /* esc & f 1 y 4 X  -- enable MACRO 1
for OVERLAY */
            '1B2A7030783231313459'X   /* position to 0 x 2114 Y */
            '1B28733070'X             /* esc ( s 0 p -- fixed-pitch font */
                  '313068'X           /*         1 0 h -- 10cpi */
                  '313276'X           /*         1 0 v -- 10pt font */
                  '3073'X             /*         0 s -- style upright */
                  '3354'X             /*         3 T -- COURIER typeface */
    :RESETPRT
      DATA ='1B45'X.      /* esc E -- reset printer */
    :BELL
      DATA ='07'X.
    :SPACE
      DATA ='20'X.
    :CARRTN
      DATA ='0D'X.
    :FORMFEED
      DATA ='0C'X.
    :LINEFEED
      DATA ='0A'X.
:EWSCST.

Then we created the new WCST

 CRTWSCST WSCST(HS#LIBR/ERPRT) SRCFILE(HS#LIBR/HSSSRC)

and an outqueue that uses it

 CRTOUTQ OUTQ(HS#LIBR/ERPRT) RMTSYS(ERPRT) RMTPRTQ(KYOCERA) CNNTYPE(*IP)
  DESTTYPE(*OTHER) MFRTYPMDL(*HP6) WSCST(HS#LIBR/ERPRT)
  TEXT('ER Kyocera printer emulating HP6') DSPDTA(*YES)

started the writer

 QSYS/STRRMTWTR OUTQ(ERPRT)

and started testing it.  The overlay works just fine, but the font is
changed to a 16.67cpi font, in spite of the font selections on teh printer
file and in the WCST object (see the INITPRT section).  When we turned on
the dump mode (PCL Esc-Y) it shows our INITPRT just fine, but it's followed
by five (count them, 5) repetitions of PCL that sets the font to 16.67cpi.
We've tried changing the PAGRTT to zero, the CPI to 10, to no avail. What
are we missing?

tia,
Peter Dow
Dow Software Services, Inc.