We use IBM's ADSM.  Adstar Distributed Storage Manager.  May be used with,
or without BRMS.  The technicians have grown to love it.  We are backing up
all servers and all clients using ADSM.  We are backing up our 400's
natively instead.  We have an ASP on one of our 400's dedicated to this.
This ASP has just under 500GB.  Good compression and features.

Rob Berendt

==================
A smart person learns from their mistakes,
but a wise person learns from OTHER peoples mistakes.

                    MWalter@hanoverwire
                    .com                      To:     midrange-l@midrange.com
                    Sent by:                  cc:
                    midrange-l-admin@mi       Fax to:
                    drange.com                Subject:     Network Save/Restore

                    09/13/2001 09:13 AM
                    Please respond to
                    midrange-l

Hello all,

I have been asked to evaluate a replacement for our BackUp Exec software
running on an NT Server. Is there a backup solution available that runs
natively on the iSeries that can backup different platforms and DBs? We
have 1 AS400  and two NT servers that need immediate attention. We would
also like to eventually backup NT workstation and W9x machines as well.
Our AS400 runs native apps and Domino. The NT servers run File and Print
Sharing and SQLServer applications. Currently we just use the SAVLIB and
SAV options for our nightly backup. We have a  3581 H17 tape library
attached to our AS400. Our OS is V4R5. Everything is attached via TCP/IP.

Thank you in advance for your invaluable opinions,

Mark

Mark Walter
Sr. Programmer/Analyst
Hanover Wire Cloth a div of CCX, Inc.