Upon further testing the offline suggestion was returning too many rows.

Meanwhile Support Line and Consult Line are getting into a big pissing
contest as to whose problem this is anyways.

What really floors my a$$ is that I can run this program in debug, see the
error, cut and paste the sql statement from the debug code, (no host
variables), hit F21 from the debugger, run the SQL and it works.  Which
points alot to call stacks or imbedded SQL in some fashion.  Our IBM
account rep is showing up here at 10am on Tuesday.  He'd better be wearing
the steel cup.

Meanwhile, no EDI...

Caveat, if you are thinking of going to V5R1, and you use imbedded SQL,
think LONG AND HARD before upgrading.

Rob Berendt

==================
A smart person learns from their mistakes,
but a wise person learns from OTHER peoples mistakes.

                    rob@dekko.com
                    Sent by:                  To:     midrange-l@midrange.com
                    midrange-l-admin@mi       cc:
                    drange.com                Fax to:
                                              Subject:     RE: SQL vs V5R1 and
service woes

                    09/06/2001 05:15 PM
                    Please respond to
                    midrange-l

cum=TL01226
Group PTF#:  SF99501-02  V5R1M0 July 11, 2001

I had an offline suggestion that we try:

     C/EXEC SQL
     C+ insert into plline2
     C+  (SELECT  a.vdlpo, a.h2div, a.h2item, a.h2fnop, a.h2fbop, a.h2indx,
     C+           a.h2revl, a.h2fqty, a.h2f02, a.h2f03, a.h2date
     C+   FROM  vdline2  a  INNER JOIN  plline  b
     C+   ON  a.vdlpo  concat  a.h2item  =  b.pdlpo  concat  b.plitem)
     C/END-EXEC

And it seems to be making a world of difference.  And I think with a little
work on a certain delete statement we might beat this into submission.
But, I don't relish the thought of having to change every SQL program we
have just because we upgraded OS.
You can jump from CISC to RISC without having to even recompile.  But
heaven forbid if you try to use an industry standard language like SQL and
upgrade your OS, leaving your hardware alone.

Sounds like the 400 is getting more Wintel compatible...

Rob Berendt

==================
A smart person learns from their mistakes,
but a wise person learns from OTHER peoples mistakes.

                    thomas@inorbit.com
                    Sent by:                  To:
midrange-l@midrange.com
                    midrange-l-admin@mi       cc:
                    drange.com                Fax to:
                                              Subject:     RE: SQL vs V5R1
and service woes

                    09/06/2001 04:57 PM
                    Please respond to
                    midrange-l

Rob:

Since I didn't see it mentioned, might as well ask about DB2 group PTF
levels on your V5R1 machine and at least one of your working V4R5 machines?
This is where PTF issues would most likely get tangled for embedded SQL.

Tom Liotta

--
Tom Liotta
The PowerTech Group, Inc.