If my memory serves me right, we had the same problem a couple of years ago. We
eventually tried RCLSTG (Reclaim Storage) on the system. This migrated any
damaged objects to a different directory, and we were then able to recreate the
file in question.

>>> "Bale, Dan" <D.Bale@handleman.com> 09/10/01 10:56AM >>>
On a V3R2 system, I've got an apparent damaged object; a physical data
file (with no logicals).  DSPOBJD shows the object's text as "*** Object
is damaged ***".  Returning to the command line from that command, I am
presented with CPF2115:

 Message ID . . : CPF2115    Severity . . . : 40
 Message type . : Diagnostic
 Date sent  . . : 09/10/01   Time sent  . . : 10:51:05

 Message  . :   Object ACCUSPXT in ASNPDN type *FILE damaged.
 Recovery . :   Either delete the object and then create it
   again, or restore it from another version.

When I try to delete the thing, the job hangs, the job shows no
activity, no CPU being used.  ENDJOB *IMMED took about five minutes.
Now doing a WRKOBJLCK on it, running on ten minutes now, eating up CPU
(8.5% over ten minutes), no results.

If I attempt to restore the object from a backup, will I have the same
problem as when I try to delete it?  Anything else I can do to kill this
thing?  BTW, this is a development box, so I can recreate the file via a
compile.

Dan Bale
IT - AS/400
Handleman Company