Andy,

Odds are, you have exceeded your interactive processing threshold.
These tasks kick in at that point and your alternatives are to reduce
the amount of interactive processing or purchase a higher threshold.  If
someone is sneaking in some batch work interactively, it looks like you
can't afford that luxury.

What machine are you running?  If it has an interactive feature code,
what is it?

The archives are full of information on the CFINTxx tasks, although many
of them are rants.

Regards,
Andy Nolen-Parkhouse

ajeffery@bacardi.com
> Sent: Friday, September 07, 2001 9:08 AM
> To: midrange-l@midrange.com
> Subject: AS/400 Internal Jobs CFINT01/02
>

> We have response time issues when the above internal jobs kick in.
> I believe these jobs allocate resource from interactive jobs and
assign
> to Batch jobs(apparently our AS/400 is biased to Batch processing).
> Is there anyway of controlling these jobs? i.e. Thresholds etc?
>
> The Interactive sessions get priortised to around 89 and the Batch
Jobs
> 20.
> Note that the CFINTxx jobs do not appear within WRKACTJOB.
>
> Any assistance would be much appreciated.
>
> Andy

==
> ==
> ==
>                           Work with System Activity
>                                                             07/09/01
> 14:07:31
> Automatic refresh in seconds  . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .      5
> Elapsed time . . . . :   00:00:02        Average CPU util . . :   95.8
> Number of CPUs . . . :   2               Maximum CPU util . . :   98.9
>                                          Minimum CPU util . . :   92.6
> Type options, press Enter.
>   1=Monitor job   5=Work with job
>                                                           Total  Total
>      Job or                                          CPU   Sync  Async
> PAG
> Opt  Task        User        Number  Thread    Pty  Util   I/O    I/O
> Fault
>      CFINT01                                     0  44.6      0      0
> 0
>      CFINT02                                     0  42.1      0      0
> 0
>      WH_PCKLST1  xxxxxxx     886685  00000036   23   1.3     60    188
> 0
>      QPADEV01GH  xxxxxxx     885865  00000058   89   1.1      2      1
> 0
>      QPADEV01DZ  xxxxxxx     885650  00000014   89    .7     93      0
> 0
>      GLUPDATE    xxxxxxx     875943  00000001   30    .6      0      5
> 0
>
>      QPADEV01D5  xxxxxxx     886722  00000019    1    .5      1      0
> 0
>
>      QPADEV01FL  xxxxxxx     885697  0000001D   20    .1     15      2
> 0

==