Hi Tim,

It's been a long time since I did COBOL.  Here's the sample from the V4R4M0
ILE COBOL Reference Manual:

   |_________________ __________________
___________________________________|
   | Environment-name|1Statement where  | Usage

   |                 | mnemonic-name    |

   |                 | associated with  |

   |                 | environment-name |

   |                 | is used          |

|_________________|__________________|___________________________________|

|_________________|__________________|___________________________________|
   | LOCAL-DATA      | ACCEPT, DISPLAY  | Retrieve data from, or move data
|
   |                 |                  | to the local data area created by
|
   |                 |                  | the system for every job.

|_________________|__________________|___________________________________|

LOCAL-DATA is the environment name, and LOCAL-DATA-AREA is presumably the
name of a variable in WORKING-STORAGE.  So it looks right to me.  What
version are you on?

Peter Dow
Dow Software Services, Inc.
909 425-0194 voice
909 425-0196 fax

From: "Tim Truax" <truax@telerama.com>
> I got this error when attempting this:  Maybe I am outta luck?
>
>                          Additional Message Information
>
> Message ID . . . . . . :           LSC1030        Severity . . . . . . :
10