We're experiencing the same maddening problem with PC5250 that others here
have reported. Namely, the random session disconnects from PC's at a remote
location. The locations are connected via a speedy 4Mbps DSL line with very
low network utilization, so I don't think the problem lies there. QINACTITV
= *NONE, so it's not that.

I've been on site once when this occurred, and I did notice that a PING from
the PC that lost a session would result in a lot of dropped packets and
overall sluggish performance, even on the same subnet. This seems to
indicate some type of network congestion problem, but it clears up too
quickly for me to get a sniffer going. Of course, if I leave a sniffer in
place actively collecting data, everything runs flawlessly.

However, even if it is a network congestion problem, why would PC5250 be
dropping, when all other network services are able to ride out the storm?
Since PC5250 is provided by the Telnet servers, I suspected the keep alive
timeout value (TIMMRKTIMO), which is set to *CALC. Unfortunately, I haven't
found a way to determine what value the system has actually calculated.
There doesn't seem to be an Display equivalent to the CHGTELNA command.

Has anyone made any progress on this particular problem?

John Taylor