Let me  re-state  my last post it sounds a little confusing

What  I am doing is,   I have an OUTQ defined specifically for emailing
spool files, when jobs are sent to this queue in a status of RDY  a DATAQ
record is written,  which inturn is the signal to my email job  (which runs
constantly)  to email the file to the user.   The thing is,    if the print
file  was defined with    "SAVE FILE  *YES"  attribute I want to still
retain the file otherwise I simply remove the spoolfile from the system.
For the time being I simply defined another outq (EMAILSENTQ)   which the
files  with  "SAVE FILE *YES "  are moved  to ,  where their status remains
as RDY  .

Michael Kenney
IT Services
University of Windsor

>Is anyone aware of an API  that can modify
>the status of a spoolfile from RDY to SAV

I can't come up with one, but perhaps there's a different way to approach
your business need.  Are you trying to position certain files near the end
of WRKSPLF?  If so, consider CHGSPLFA OUTPYT().  The default is 5; larger
numbers are produced (and listed) later than small numbers.

Sorry if I got it wrong.

Buck Calabro
Commsoft; Albany, NY
Visit the Midrange archives and FAQ at http://www.midrange.com
"For every complex problem, there is a solution that is simple, neat, and
wrong."
 -- HL Mencken