From: midrange-l-admin@midrange.com [mailto:midrange-l-admin@midrange.com]On
Behalf Of Cyndi Bradberry
Sent: Monday, August 27, 2001 11:14 AM
To: 'MIDRANGE-L@midrange. Com' (E-mail)
Subject: 3487 Display Station

Hi,

We replaced a 3477 display terminal with a 3487. The user  loves it except
that she can no longer view spoolfiles in 132 column mode.

I can find references to the 3487 being able to allow this, but can't figure
out how. If anyone has a 3487 Setup Guide and can send me the instructions,
I would appreciate it.

The config:
                           Display Device Description                  BOISE

                                                             08/27/01
08:38:53
 Device description . . . . . . . . :   DEVD        MM1

 Option . . . . . . . . . . . . . . :   OPTION      *BASIC

 Category of device . . . . . . . . :               *DSP

 Device class . . . . . . . . . . . :   DEVCLS      *LCL

 Device type  . . . . . . . . . . . :   TYPE        3487

 Device model . . . . . . . . . . . :   MODEL       HC

 Port number  . . . . . . . . . . . :   PORT        1

 Switch setting . . . . . . . . . . :   SWTSET      4

 Shared session number  . . . . . . :   SHRSSNNBR   0

 Online at IPL  . . . . . . . . . . :   ONLINE      *YES

 Attached controller  . . . . . . . :   CTL         CTL01

 Keyboard language type . . . . . . :   KBDTYPE     USB

 Character identifier . . . . . . . :   CHRID       *KBDTYPE

 Allow blinking cursor  . . . . . . :   ALWBLN      *YES

 Print device . . . . . . . . . . . :   PRTDEV      *SYSVAL

We tried the extended display options, they only gave us screens full of
dots.

Thanks,
Cyndi B.
Boise, ID