The process of aplying PTF's permanently is actually a matter of
_removing_ space objects (old versions of objects saved so they can be
used if you want to  "Remove a program temporary fix" on the system).
Well, yes, some of them are actually not _removed_ but only _moved_
(to QRPLOBJ), so applying permanently should not increase stg. usage,
rather decrease it (but you need an IPL or a CLRLIB QRPLOBJ to get the
full effect).

Henrik
http://hkrebs.dk

  2. When your system is running normally
> Date: Thu, 23 Aug 2001 09:33:51 -0500
> From: Chuck Lewis <clewis@iquest.net>
> To: Midrange-L List <MIDRANGE-L@midrange.com>
> Subject: Permanently Applying PTF's...
>
> Hi Folks,
>
> Getting ready to do an OS upgrade (V4R1 to V4R5 FINALLY) in the
coming
> weeks and going down the check list of stuff to do. I need to get
PTF's
> permanently applied which is no real problem but I do have one
question:

> Until an IPL when these actually do get applied (well the ones that
need
> at IPL to apply) does this actually increase storage ?
>
> Reason I ask is we are "cramped for disk space" and I started with
some
> of the smaller LICPGM's (i.e. Performance Tools, App Dev, etc.) and
did
> them and noticed that a bunch of stuff was placed in the library
QRPLOBG
> which of course gets cleared at IPL. My fear is that if I Apply all
of
> the temp PTF's, this library will grow and I might have a problem.
When