I have a feeling David may be tweaking the settings here and there.
Then again, maybe not, since I see your message has the "Picked" header.

I think another possible answer is that any of my original posts to the
lists will leave my email server as plain text, as I have specified for
the address book entry.  But, apparently, with my version of Outlook
(97), if I reply to a post that is non-text, I am powerless to change it
to text-only.  Although, that seems a little strange, since now all any
of us are getting are strictly text-only messages.  Hmmm.

Another change I think David must have enacted since yesterday.  It used
to be that any email sent from the list that the poster used a name like
"midrange list" in the address book entry for the email address, my
inbox assistant would be unable to filter that into my midrange-list
folder; it had to be a direct match on midrange-l@midrange.com for it to
work.  I had gone so far as to download the Outlook Rules Wizard from
Microsoft to see if it offered more flexibilty; no luck.  Finally, I
emailed David privately to ask whether he could have Mailman always
force the To: to be the actual email address for the list (and strip out
the "midrange list" or the hundred or so other name varieties that have
clogged my inbox).  He initially said no, but now I wonder if he found a
golden switch.  David?

Dan Bale
IT - AS/400
Handleman Company