<snip>Then the file should definately exist.  How can it not, unless
SPL2STMF ran into an error (spoolfile not found, lack of authority to ifs
directory, etc)?

Put a break point right after the SPL2STMF command, and then check to see if
the file is in fact there, and if so continue the cl and see if the cl pgm
completes or gets the file not found error.</snip>

The users have authority to the folders, I copied one of the user profiles
in question and worked perfectly for me, and it works for my user profile
also. I ran both in debug. I haven't done it yet, but I will be having one
of the users try running the job again and I will watch it to see what it
does.

Does anyone else have any other ideas why I might get file not found when
changing the authority? Could the writing of the file to the IFS take that
long? Most of the files range in size from 5k to 200k. We are on V4R5.

Mike Wills
IT Corporate Support
MNWills@taylorcorp.com