From: Pat Barber [mailto:mboceanside@worldnet.att.net]
Sent: Wednesday, August 15, 2001 12:52 PM
To: midrange-l@midrange.com
Subject: Re: When did CFINT begin

It came about slowly actually... When the first "server" boxes came
out back in the dark days.... It didn't really hit home until the
7XX boxes came out and IBM decided that interactive was a "bad"
thing that required more money to make it a "good" thing.... I
suspect as others do, that CFINT has been around in other forms for
a very long time...... The 9402-20S is the first "server" model that
I recall seeing and I suspect, it had CFINT somewhere in there. This
"might" have been done with hardware rather than software at that
point.(1994-1995)...