Title: RE: upgrade to v5r1

Excuse my sarcasm, but IBM should have been able to get my order right also, especially since this same thing happened when upgrading to v4r4 and v4r5.  I went over this very carefully last time with them and was assured our records were straightened out.  Obviously not.  And, we were within 10 days of the 70 day limit before we finally got our last license keys.  So, no, I will NOT install v5r1 without all my license keys this time.

Dave

-----Original Message-----
From: neilp@dpslink.com [mailto:neilp@dpslink.com]
Sent: Monday, August 13, 2001 4:42 PM
To: midrange-l@midrange.com
Subject: Re: upgrade to v5r1

IBM SHOULD be able to resolve that within 70 days of your install (the
grace period where you can run without a license key) so it shouldn't
affect your installation plans.

...Neil

"Leland, David" <dleland@Harter.com>
Sent by: midrange-l-admin@midrange.com
2001/08/13 15:51
Please respond to midrange-l

        To:     "'midrange-l@midrange.com'" <midrange-l@midrange.com>
        cc:
        Subject:        upgrade to v5r1

As usual, IBM has screwed up our order and not provided us with all the
license keys (and all the software) we need for our upgrade to v5r1. Could
someone who has v5r1 look (using WRKLICINF) and tell me if the following
are now *KEYED licensed programs that require us to enter license keys:
1) PSF/400 Fax Support (5769SS1, 5102 on v4r5)
2) PSF/400 Any speed printer support (5769SS1, 5114 on v4r5)
3) Client Access (5722XW1, I think)
4) 5722AC3 (128 bit encryption)
5) 5733AS3 (Websphere std. edition)
6) 5798FAX (Facsimile/400)
We had to enter license keys for 1 & 2 above on v4r5 so I would assume we
would have to on v5r1 also.  Also, I thought I read somewhere that Client
Access is changing to keyed.
Thanks,
Dave