  • Subject: RE: Moving Disks
  • From: Glenn Birnbaum <gbirnba@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 9 Aug 2001 14:30:12 -0700

IBM has performance data on 6607s comparing 6502 and 6512 controllers, so
that implies they are compatible with either.  The data shows 6607 on a 6502
get 7 OPs/Sec/GB vs 6607 on a 6512 gets about 8 ops/Sec/GB (these are for
RAIDed configs).  I have an Acrobat file sent to me by my IBM rep with all
sorts of performance tuning info (called PerformanceCapabilitiesV5R1.pdf).
I'm not sure where on the web this is located.  Here's a different document
link, but you may find this useful.

  http://www.iseries.ibm.com/developer/performance/as4armct.pdf

HTH,
glenn