  • Subject: Re: Counting users
  • From: "Peter Dow" <pcdow@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2001 13:35:11 -0700

Hi Alan,

The advantage to multiple sessions is not the impossible ability to use them
both simultaneously, but to quickly switch from one task to another without
having to exit whatever you were doing and lose your place.

For example, while editing a program I can switch to another session, look
at a file structure with WRKDBF, then go back to editing by pressing
alt-tab. If I had only one session, I would have to press F21 to get a
command line, start WRKDBF, look at the structure, memorize the relevant
part (or write it down), exit WRKDBF, and exit the command line to get back
to editing.

It's a whole lot easier to demonstrate than to explain. If you have multiple
userid's perhaps you could try it in your environment.

Regards,
Peter Dow
Dow Software Services, Inc.
909 425-0194 voice