  • Subject: Management Central Problem
  • From: "Dave Willenborg" <dwillenborg@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 30 Jul 2001 14:57:47 -0600

I am having a problem with the Management Central part of Ops Navigator.
I have 2 AS400s, a model 720 and 170. Both are running V4R4 and are
current on the ptf levels. I am getting ready to upgrade the 170 to V5R1.
I cannot start the MC server on the 170. I receive the following error
message when I try and start the server.  If I do a GO LICPGM and display
the installed software, both systems have the same software.

Any Help would be appreciated.

STRTCPSVR SERVER(*MGTC)
STRTCPSVR ended abnormally.

Additional Message Information

 Message ID . . . . . . :   TCP1A0A       Severity . . . . . . . :   40

 Message type . . . . . :   Diagnostic

 Date sent  . . . . . . :   07/30/01      Time sent  . . . . . . :
09:02:42

 Message . . . . :   STRTCPSVR ended abnormally.

 Cause . . . . . :   STRTCPSVR processing ended abnormally, reason code is

   0005.  Reason codes and their meanings follow:

 0001 - QSYSWRK is not active. The QSYSWRK subsystem must be active before

   using the Start TCP/IP Server (STRTCPSVR) or End TCP/IP Server
(ENDTCPSVR)
   CL command.

 0002 - TCP/IP has not been activated. TCP/IP must be active before using
the
   STRTCPSVR or ENDTCPSVR CL command.

 0003 - The Domino Go Webserver for AS/400 product must be installed
before
   using the Start TCP/IP Server (STRTCPSVR) command to start the HTTP
server.
   The product identifier is 5769DG1.

 0004 - The Domino Go Webserver for AS/400 product must be installed
before

More...
                          Additional Message Information

 Message ID . . . . . . :   TCP1A0A       Severity . . . . . . . :   40

 Message type . . . . . :   Diagnostic

   using the Configure TCP/IP Applications (CFGTCPAPP) command to
configure the
   HTTP server.  The product identifier is 5769DG1.

 0005 - STRTCPSVR processing MGTC server failed. Server product must be
loaded
   to continue process.

 Recovery  . . . :   Based on the reason code, do one of the following and
then
   try the request again:

 0001 - Start the QSYSWRK subsystem using the Start Subsystem (STRSBS) CL

   command.

 0002 - Start TCP/IP by issuing the Start TCP/IP (STRTCP) CL command.

 0003 - Install the 5769DG1 product.

 0004 - Install the 5769DG1 product.

 0005 - Load the server product.

Bottom
 Press Enter to continue.

 F3=Exit   F6=Print   F9=Display message details   F12=Cancel

 F21=Select assistance level

Dave Willenborg
MIS Manager
J C Robinson Seed