  • Subject: RE: AS/400 as ODBC database server question
  • From: "Sean Porterfield" <sporter@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 27 Jul 2001 10:42:30 -0400

Since I don't know how much (if any) control you have with how the program
works, this is just an idea.  If the end user provides a username/password
to the program for validation, and the program then sends its own
username/password to the AS/400, the end user doesn't need to know a real
AS/400 username/password and thus can't access the data any other way.