  • Subject: weird problems w/ Q7FSJOB job (TCPIP File Server on V3R7)
  • From: "Bale, Dan" <D.Bale@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2001 18:03:57 -0400

A real brain stumper here, any help would be appreciated.

We've got a model 510 running V3R7, been running fine since it was
installed eons ago.  This morning, in the wee hours, we get an error in
QSYSOPR:

Message ID . . :  CPF8190       Severity . . :  20
Message type . :  Information
Date sent  . . :  07/24/01      Time sent  . :  04:09:24

Message . . . . :   Object CBLK257381QDLS001   b»=ÔØ type X'0FC1'
  damaged.
Cause . . . . . :   Object CBLK257381QDLS001   b»=ÔØ found damaged
and
  may no longer be usable.  The owner of the object is QDBSHR.  No owner
  indicates that the object is a temporary object.  The VLOG dump
identifier
  is 01000CC5.
Recovery  . . . :   No recovery action is required.  The system will
take any
  necessary action to recover the object.

This was followed by CPF8198: Damaged object found.

Unfortunately, some action *was* required, as we lost our connection to
two other interfaces that drive some of our automation equipment.  We
tried ending TCP and restarting with no success.  As soon as we
restarted TCP, we noticed that local port 2049 for associated user
profile Q7FSOWN was experiencing a high volume of traffic (WRKTCPSTS,
then option 3"Work with TCP/IP connection status"), even though there
were no "transactions" going on with the other interfaces.  (In the end,
we dismounted and then re-mounted on the VAX box, and that solved that
problem.)

Job Q7FSJOB in subsystem Q7FSSBS starts right after TCP is restarted.
The job log for this job shows that it does a "call QTCPFSS/Q7FSSTRSD"
right from the get go, and ever since it started several hours ago, its
been running a slew of RTVDLONAM commands, such as this one:

4400 - RTVDLONAM DLO('*SYSOBJNAM') FLR('*NONE') DOCID('*NONE')
LADNTSP(*NONE) SYSOBJNAM(OJQL095368) OBJCLS('*DOC') RTNDLO(&RTNDLO)
RTNFLR(&RTNFLR) RTNDOCID(&RTNDOCID) RTNLADNTSP(&RTNLADN)
RTNOBJNAM(&RTNOBJNAM) RTNOBJCLS(&RTNOBJCLS)
     - RETURN        /* RETURN due to end of CL program */

There are no other entries that I've been able to see (job logging was
not turned on originally, so I don't know if there's anything else
missing that would have been logged otherwise).  It would appear that
the RTVDLONAM is part of a sanity check procedure that is looking at all
of the DLO objects and checking the DLO attributes.

Any ideas on what's happened here?

Dan Bale
IT - AS/400
Handleman Company