  • Subject: Re: How to hack into a .... ?
  • From: jpcarr@xxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 21 Jul 2001 20:14:46 -0400

John

Believe me M$ may be stupid enough to kill the golden egg.   Heck IBM
was/is that dumb why not M$.
Here's a response to the subscription model.  You may be hearing this more
and more.
BTW, this type of response is starting to be not uncommon even for staunch
M$ supporters.
These people make my point better than I could John.  They by-and-large
were BIG MS supporters
BUT as Bobby said,  "Times are Changin"

Is There Anything Good about Microsoft's NewSubscription Model?
http://www.idg.net/ic_638430_1794_9-10000.html

>>Why Microsoft?
Sometimes, against my better judgement, I sympathise with the Redmond giant
on its fight with the US Anti-trust authorities but I am not sure any more.
I hope Corel and others will take advantage and push their Office
productivity apps so we can switch. Please, Bill think about the consumer
who has made you a billionaire, especialliy those of us from the third
world. We are also part of the world community of nations. Please revise
this licensing arrangement!!!
Theo Nii Okai
Manager, MIS Engineering Systems
Volta River Authority
<<

M$ Model
What's the big benefit? If you're upgrading already, you're making a change
- Thanks, M$ for giving me the push I needed - finally going to learn *nix
and get it running on my desktop. Enough, already.
Denise Jensen
<<

Let's Get Real
Any CIO worth his or her salt, who throws their arms up and says, "Oh well,
I guess we have no choice but to pay up" is guilty of dereliction of duty.
For years, I have supported MS God-given right to enjoy the spoils of a
well fought campaign to gain market share, through the provision of good
software products. With the recent moves by MS, I have turned. CIOs have
several options: 1) In the words of Frankie Vallie, "Let's hang on to what
we got..." 2) For the non-conformist, go to Linux and StarOffice. 3) For
the conformist, look into the WordPerfect Suite or Lotus SmartSuite -- if
you wnat to spend money.
Darryl Malcolm
Director of IT
Acuent Inc
<<

<<
Time to phase out the old...
This is something that has been needed for quite some time...a good reason
to start migrating away from MS. We've started with the backend apps,
moving all web services, and eventually file/print servers to Linux. The
middleware is next. We'll hang onto the current desktop environment for as
long as it works, while steadily migrating away from VB apps that we refuse
to rewrite yet again. (but that's another subject) We can hold out for a
few more years with what we have. How 'bout you Bill?
MJ
CTO
Wall St. behemoth

John Carr