  • Subject: Availability of ALL languages for V4R5 at one price (was: Spawn error)
  • From: Randy Mangham <randy.mangham@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 20 Jul 2001 12:00:57 -0700

>Unfortunately, I don't have a C compiler here.  My client does, but I don't.
>And therein lies a question:
>
>I currently have a license for RPG (and RPG ILE) that I got when I first got
>my machine.  The machine is at V4R5.  Should I be getting ALL the languages?
>Or does that not kick in until V5R1?

The renamed Websphere Development Studio for iSeries (as it is now called)
is available for OS/400 V4R5 provided you are already licensed for one (or
more) language compilers plus ADTS and contains:

Host (server) components:

ILE RPG (RPG IV)
ILE COBOL
ILE C
ILE C++ PRPQ
Application Development ToolSet

Workstation components (via the entitlement of WebSphere Development Tools
for iSeries; unlimited workstation licenses per server):

WebFacing Tool (First Edition)
WebSphere Studio for iSeries (Professional Edition)
VisualAge for Java for iSeries (Professional Edition)
CoOperative Development Environment (CODE)
VisualAge RPG

For ordering, contact:
Your IBM representative, an IBM Business Partner, or IBM Americas Call
Centers at 800-IBM-CALL (Reference: YE001).

The software announcement number is 201-117 dated 23 April 2001. It
contains references to all the other announcement letters with the caveats.
A word of caution. DO NOT install the workstation components on your PC
until you have completely removed any previous versions of CODE/400, etc.
Failure to do that may cause you a great deal of heartburn. This is
documented (but not well). READ all the notes to user, etc. that come with
the package or you'll be on the phone with IBM support!