You should have no problems printing 198cpi on a 3812. What you will
not care for is what font the 400 will use. This usually ends up at
around 18cpi which is quite small on 8x11" stock paper. If you have a
legal size drawer, you can create a decent looking report at 198cpi.

The S/36 supportd 198cpi with no problems.

I have printed 198cpi on a 4019 with a legal drawer with no problems
and that is a much older printer.

If the compiler had no problems with 198 in the program, your OCL is
not set correctly.

What type/model printer is this for real ???? Is the printer even
capable of printing 198cpi ???????

To my knowledge, there is NO way to bypass spooling on the 400.