  • Subject: RE: Elvis Has Left the Building
  • From: "Sajidul Bruno" <b_sajidul@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 19 Jul 2001 17:54:26 +0000

jt wrote:

<IMHO, this event, "Elvis leaving the building," should be considered A HUGE
 >OPPORTUNITY...>

All due respect but you are SADLY mistaken. Malcolm's loss is a MAJOR loss
to the AS/400-iSeries world and I DO mean world !

<Not knowing the particulars, I hesitate to make any suggestions.  But  the
fact is that the Heart and Soul of the iNation NEEDS TO BE REPLACED
IMMEDIATELY.>

WRONG - WHAT would this accomplish ???? Absolutely nothing in my opinion.

<It would take IBM a while to do this anyway, so iCitizens should recommend
two people for IBM to choose from.  You will see, after a
month or two, EXACTLY where the iCitizens stand in this iNation.>

Huh ? This is a VERY new project and I really don't think any of us on the
outside looking in can appreciate all that is going on. That is NOT to say I
am thrilled by the slowness of any tangibles but I do feel it will come !
And the very fact that IBM DID choose folks from among us to serve on the
council is a MAJOR positive !

<This would server several purposes, besides seeing if the iCitizens
actually have any role to play in the iNation.>

Have you not seen the verbiage on the web page to SPEAK OUT ? TAKE the
link(s) ! We WILL be heard and ARE being heard !!

<a.. Might rally the "troops" around Elvis' departure>

Unfortunately I am afraid that too few actually realize what a loss this is
!

<b.. Might rally the AAG around this event>

From my limited knowledge, I assume the "AAG" is represented on the Freedom
Council ??? !!!

<c.. Might stir up some real activity in the iNation>

That would be nice but I think that is going to happen/is happening as
things are now. Why change directions, etc. and go through ANOTHER period of
waiting ?

<d.. Might see how wise the Freedom Council is>

Huh ?

As far as an apparent dissatisfaction on your part with the Freedom Council
as it now is, there are a good individuals on it from a diverse background
and from throughout the world.

I say we give them a chance !!!

<The bond Mr. Haines and I share is that I proposed the concept of the
>iNation to Mr. Zeitler, President of Server Group, three months before he
>got the idea himself.>

Uh, I would hazard a guess that the AAG planted the seed to the iNation a
LONG time ago... What does Mr. Haines have to say about this I wonder ?

jt, just RELAX. We all want to see this succeed but it HAS to start at some
point and not be turned upside down every few weeks, eh ?

Respectfully,

Bruno