When the system wants to send a message to QSYSOPR, you don't get much
choices.  There are two notable exceptions:

1.   You can segregate "critical messages" to another message queue names
QSYSMSG in QSYS.  Messages that go here regarding:

System integrity from a security perspective (these go to QSYSMSG instead
of QSYSOPR)
DASD integrity  - a possible RAID-5 or mirroring failure (these go to
QSYSMSG as well as QSYSOPR)
System Integrity - a looming failure of OS/400 (these go to QSYSMSG as well
as QSYSOPR)

2.   You can segregate configuration messages (which are typically less
critical messages - except for when something fails to work) using the
system value QCFGMSGQ (first shipped in V4R4).  A message queue with the
same name is also shipped in QSYS for this purpose.  Caution, if you turn
this on, the default for printer messages is here.

Al

Al Barsa, Jr.
Barsa Consulting Group, LLC

400>390

914-251-1234
914-251-9406 fax

http://www.barsaconsulting.com
http://www.taatool.com

                    Michael Oakes

                    <Michael.Oakes@eb.u        To:     MIDRANGE-L@midrange.com

                    k.com>                     cc:

                    Sent by:                   Subject:     QSYSOPR message
queue segregation
                    owner-midrange-l@mi

                    drange.com

                    07/18/01 06:17 PM

                    Please respond to

                    MIDRANGE-L

I am unfortunate enough to have to host Production and Development
environments on the same AS/400 system. Does anyone know how to change the
job, subsystem or profile defaults to use say QDEVOPR instead of QSYSOPR?

I am trying to provide proper response times to production problems whilst
removing developer coding errors from QSYSOPR.

Michael Oakes
AS/400 Operations Manager
Electronics Boutique Plc

to whom they are addressed. If you have received this email in
error please notify the system manager at:

                   mailto:postmaster@eb.uk.com

The recipient acknowledges that transmissions made via the Internet
can be corrupted and therefore EB Plc and any of its subsidiaries
do not give any warranty as to the quality or accuracy of any
information contained in the message or assume any liability for
it or for its transmission, reception or storage.

by Anti-Virus software for the presence of computer viruses.

http://www.eb.uk.com
http://www.game.uk.com