  • Subject: RE: no Java in XP Windows
  • From: "Stone, Brad V (TC)" <bvstone@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2001 08:44:02 -0500

This has been in the news for some time now.  M$ is "threatening" to remove
java, but I think it's just a abstract way to word something to make it
sound like it means more than it does.

I assume this means that the M$ JVM will no longer be available.  (I did
know of one software package that used it... we don't use it anymore..)

It's like when IBM says "We're no longer enhancing/supporting SDA/PDM/SEU"
people automatically think "IBM is taking it away!!!".  That's not the case.
But some folks just gotta nasty trigger finger and must lead such boring
lives that they like to read more into things just for a rise in their day.
(If you took offense to that, it's just a joke...)

Brad