  • Subject: Re: 3570 -> 3590 -> LTO tape drive
  • From: Bob Larkin <blarkin@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2001 23:00:08 -0500

No need to wait for V5R1, since the GUI interface probably won't support
networked iSeries
systems. I am referring to using the BRMS Network  feature. If I recall
correctly from COMMON,
this is the case. there were several other features not supported in the GUI
version that would
not be available that affected  our installation. I can't recall right now, but
our environment is
close to yours.
2 - 820 4way/5G/1T
1- 3494 L12 & D12 - 10 slot Convenience thingie 443 cart capacity.
6 - 3590-E1A drives w/ 3590E extended length carts.

Drives are SCSI connected, 3494 connected through async (Couldn't get ethernet
to work)

OS/400 - V4R5, BRMS V4R4 latest group PTF, domino 5.0.7 Latest QMU/QMRs.

My recommendation is attend IBM's class, read the two readbooks on BRMS, then
go slow!
BRMS can be up in a few hours, but to really take advantage of all the features
available, you
will of course require more time.
We have traced many of the "problems" in our BRMS environment to incorrect user
settings or
misconceptions about the product.
With our Support Line contract, we have gotten excellent support, with problems
resolved quickly
by a very knowledgable staff.

Check out the V5R1 GUI. If it isn't going to do all you need, get started on
the green screen
version. The GUI will catch up, then you can start using that interface.

Now, if there was only enough interest for a BRMS list!!!

Bob Larkin