  • Subject: RV: How to create "copy" index files (logical files)
  • From: Dimitri Efimov <defimov@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 13 Jul 2001 09:04:34 -0500

-----Mensaje original-----
De: Charlie_Massoglia@common.org [mailto:Charlie_Massoglia@common.org]
Enviado el: Viernes, 13 de Julio de 2001 02:11 a.m.
Para: defimov@wiese.com.pe
Asunto: Re: How to create "copy" index files (logical files)

Assume you have a physical file PFFILE in the library DATALIB and a logical
file
LFFILE in the library DATALIB built over the physical file PFFILE.  Assume
you
want the to copy both files to the library HISTLIB.  The following will
accomplish this:

   CRTDUPOBJ PFFILE DATALIB *FILE HISTLIB DATA(*YES)
   CRTDUPOBJ LFFILE DATALIB *FILE HISTLIB

Because the based on physical file PFFILE exists in the target library
(HISTLIB)
when the CRTDUPOBJ of LFFILE is executed, the new logical file LFFILE in the
library HISTLIB will point to the physical file PFFILE also in HISTLIB.

If you have renamed the physical file in HISTLIB to something else, e.g.
PFFILE200105 (for MAY 2001 transactions), you would have to first rename
PFFILE200105 to PFFILE, CRTDUPOBJ the logical file, and rename PFFILE back
as
shown in the following:

   RNMOBJ HISTLIB/PFFILE200105 *FILE PFFILE
   CRTDUPOBJ LFFILE DATALIB *FILE HISTLIB
   RNMOBJ HISTLIB/PFFILE *FILE PFFILE200105

The logical file LFFILE in DATALIB will point to the physical file PFFILE
also
in DATALIB.  You could also rename the logical file if desired so the
logical
file LFFILE200105 in HISTLIB would point to the physical file PFFILE200105
also
in DATALIB.  You would then have to use an OVRDBF LFFILE LFFILE200105 before
executing the program which uses LFFILE.

Based on the description of the problem, I'm not sure this solution fully
addresses your problem.  If not, please add further detail.

I'm in Sydney right now at Interaction Australasia and could not send a
response
directly to Midrange-L for some reason.  I'd appreciate your forwarding this
response to Midrange-L in case anyone else runs into the same problem.

Thanks.